Ranthambore, the Land of Tigers adds a different edge to your Rajasthan trip. Earlier this forest area of Sawai Madhopur used to be the hunting ground of the royals.
Located at just 130 kms from Jaipur, this dense forest is the best place in India to checkout Royal Bengal Tigers. An abode of nature lovers and photographers, Ranthambore National Park is known for
- Animals like tigers, hyenas, jackals, different specials of deer like Sambar, Chinkara, Chital, Nilgai, leopards, langurs, macaques, jungle, desert and toddy cats, caracals, sloth bears, Black bucks, hare, Indian wildboar, common palmcivets, common yellow bats, five striped palms quirrels, Indian false vampires, Indian flying foxes, Indian foxes, Indian Gerbilles, Indian mole rats, Indian porcupines, long earned hedgehogs, ratels, small and common Indian mongoose and small Indian civets.
- Amphibian sand Reptiles like marsh crocodiles, Snub Nosed marsh crocodiles, Desert monitor lizards, tortoise, banded kraits, cobras, common kraits, Ganga soft shelled turtles, Indian pythons, North Indian flap shelled turtles, rat snakes, Russel’s vipers, Saw-scaled vipers and the Indian chameleon.
- Avian species like woodpeckers, Indian Gray Hornbills and geese, common Kingfishers, dove, bee-eaters, parakeets, Asian palm swift, owl, nightjars, cuckoos, pigeon, falcons, crakes, snipes, sandpipers, terns, great crested grebe, gulls, eagles, egrets, cormorants, herons, flamingos, pelicans, storks, Ibis, pittas, wood shrikes, orioles, mini vets, iros, drongos, pipits, sparrows, finches, wagtails and mynas.
Besides the normal safari rides, there are special wildlife packages at Ranthambore National Park, which include
- Ranthambore Weekend Package
- Bird Watching Tours
- Tiger Special Tour
- Tiger Trails India
October to May is the best time span to explore the wild terrains of Ranthambore National Park. Safari rides are arranged on jeep and also elephants; guests can choose any one as per their preference. The safari rides are arranged early morning and again after lunch.
A luxury trip on Deccan Odyssey train to Ranthambore is an icing on the top. Deccan Odyssey, the Blue Beauty of India is known for its gracious services and exquisite grandeur. The train takes its tourists to Ranthambore National Park through the below tour packages:
- Indian Odyssey takes you to the park on Day 2 of its 8 day trip.
- Indian Sojourn takes you to Ranthambore on Day 6 of its 8 day trip.
The unmatched charm of Deccan Odyssey includes
- 12 air conditioned coaches with deluxe cabins and presidential suites.
- Wheel chair facility for disabled and round the clock attendants.
- Indoor games like playing cards, puzzles, Chinese Checker, carom board and chess.
- Free internet, newspapers, magazines, conferences, business meets and royal weddings.
- Gym and Ayurveda SPA to refresh and rejuvenate guests after a long day trip.
- Sitting lounge with television sets and comfortable soft sets.
- Aesthetically designed dining cars serving authentic Indian and international delicacies.
- A well stocked bar to sip some of the best drinks of the world at an exotic ambience.
Embark your journey to Ranthambore and book the Deccan Odyssey train. So, blend this vacation with thrill of nature and royal lavishness of Deccan India with a trip on Deccan Odyssey to Ranthambore National Park.
Ron Olive is an expert and technical writer. He has written many books and novels and also have good experience about different industries which is related to technical and creative writing. He wrote recently about tour and travel tips and also polishing his experience for becoming a highly professional writer.